Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hoddeok (Sweet pancakes with brown sugar syrup filling)

Lately I've had a mild obsession for Korean food. I just can't get enough and I'm craving it constantly. Being my boring self, I've spent a lot of time searching recipes for Korean food. Then again I see nothing wrong in that because Korean food is absolutely delicious! I've been following the wonderfully talented cook, Maangchi, on youtube most recently. All of her recipes and videos look delicious. After making many of her recipes, I came to the realization that Maangchi is absolutely wonderful!!! Her recipes are usually quite straightforward and always delicious.

Recently I tried out her Hoddeok recipe. Hoddeok is basically a pancake filled with sugar syrup inside. It is a recipe popular street-side snack in Korea...and I know why. It's beyond delicious. It's slightly chewy, it's soft, it's sweet, and it's nutty. Believe me, if you decide to make this, you absolutely will not regret it. Enough with the chit chat, here's the recipe and some pictures to go along with it.















No comments:

Post a Comment