Monday, May 23, 2011

Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake

I don't remember why, but for some reason I had bought some sour cream. I didn't want it to go to waste and I knew sour cream would make a mean coffee cake, so I decided to make cinnamon coffee cake. Funny story, I used to think that coffee cake actually had coffee in the cake. Now I know that it's called coffee cake because it's consumed with coffee or during a "coffee or tea break." At least, I think that's correct.




I've always been a big fan of coffee cake. My very first one was from Hostess....i think? It was one of those chain manufacturers. It was actually pretty good. Ever since then, I've been a very big fan of coffee cakes. They're delicious. I love the moist cake with cinnamon filling and the crumbly streusel topping all tied together with a nice glass of milk. It's a wonderful way to "celebrate" the fact that I just made a coffee cake.




This recipe is from King Arthur Flour's website. I was a bit unsure about it at first but after reading the reviews I decided to give it a try. It's a good thing too because it was a success! It's delicious, I really have to say. After having written so much about coffee cake, I kind of want some....oh well. I won't be writing the recipe out this time. Instead, here's the link. I think it's also a great recipe because it shows step-by-step photos of how to make the cake. It's a bit time consuming and uses a few bowls, but it's well worth the effort. I really recommend making this cake. You won't regret it, I promise!

Happy Baking!
 

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, that coffee cake looks delish. I could go for a piece of that right now. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/05/sweets-for-saturday-19.html

    ReplyDelete